SANTA VERA CRUZ HERMITAGE

Convento sq.

GUIDED VISIT PREVIOUS RESERVATION

Also called chapel od the convent, is home to canonical of the Real, very old, illustrious and venerable brotherhood Franciscan of the Christ of the true cross, Maria Santisima de la soledad and santo sepulcro – los verdes -.

Historical references confirm that the original chapel already existed in 1542.

It was ceded to the Franciscans in 1750, being these expelled by Napoleon´s troops, who used it as a headquarters and store looting.

In retreat, the french flew the temple on August 27, 1812, dying 104 neighbors in one of the darkest days in the history of Alhaurin el grande.

The current hermitage, work of the architect José Novillo Fertrell 1921 couldn´t see finished in life, highlights its neo-gothic facade.

Much of the heritage and original holders sacred images were destroyed during the civil war.

Also called chapel od the convent, is home to canonical of the Real, very old, illustrious and venerable brotherhood Franciscan of the Christ of the true cross, Maria Santisima de la soledad and santo sepulcro – los verdes -.

Historical references confirm that the original chapel already existed in 1542.

It was ceded to the Franciscans in 1750, being these expelled by Napoleon´s troops, who used it as a headquarters and store looting.

In retreat, the french flew the temple on August 27, 1812, dying 104 neighbors in one of the darkest days in the history of Alhaurin el grande.

The current hermitage, work of the architect José Novillo Fertrell 1921 couldn´t see finished in life, highlights its neo-gothic facade.

Much of the heritage and original holders sacred images were destroyed during the civil war.

CONVENTO SQ.

 

GUIDED VISIT PREVIOUS RESERVATION

Pin It on Pinterest