MUNICIPAL WHOLESALERS MARKET / AGRICULTURE MUSEUM

Cártama rd.

Museum – GUIDED VISIT PREVIOUS RESERVATION

The origin of the food market dates back to 1787 in “las cuatro esquinas”, passing in 1900 to the Plaza alta and in 1952 to the Plaza de la Legión.

Today, opened in 1986, has been improved, conditioning and modernized in several parts, being one of the most important in the province of Málaga, and the only asset in the region of Guadalhorce, selling out every day to the wholesale products from local and regional garden.

On the first floor, just above the bar of the market, is located the agricultural museum, with a collection of over 200 original pieces donated by residents, of agricultural, livestock and customary use, typical of the period between the years 1870 and 1960, such as plows Roman pots or ceramic bowls, or useful for threshing, tilling,the works of esparto or fig bread.

The origin of the food market dates back to 1787 in “las cuatro esquinas”, passing in 1900 to the Plaza alta and in 1952 to the Plaza de la Legión.

Today, opened in 1986, has been improved, conditioning and modernized in several parts, being one of the most important in the province of Málaga, and the only asset in the region of Guadalhorce, selling out every day to the wholesale products from local and regional garden.

On the first floor, just above the bar of the market, is located the agricultural museum, with a collection of over 200 original pieces donated by residents, of agricultural, livestock and customary use, typical of the period between the years 1870 and 1960, such as plows Roman pots or ceramic bowls, or useful for threshing, tilling,the works of esparto or fig bread.

Cartama rd.

}

MUSEUM - GUIDED VISIT PREVIOUS RESERVATION

Plaza Alta

gallery

(clic for full size pics)

Pin It on Pinterest